NurembergWest Town ›  

Suendersbuehl

District 21  
Rothenburger Strasse at Zweigstrasse,  2010

Rothenburger Strasse at Zweigstrasse, 2010

This junction of the "Schweinauer Strasse" offers a view to the south-eastern boundary of the district "Suendersbuehl", which was incorporated into Nuremberg in 1898.

Holzschuherstrasse,  2010

Holzschuherstrasse, 2010

Nearly untouched by the war the quiet street is named after one of the oldest Nuremberg patrician families which already carried on a mercantile trade in the 13th century.

Holzschuherstrasse / Rosenpluetstrasse,  2010

Holzschuherstrasse / Rosenpluetstrasse, 2010

The Nuremberg poet Hans Rosenplüt was active in the 15th century and as a master gunsmith he was the warden over all municipal cannons.

Rothenburger Strasse at Schlachthofstrasse,  2010

Rothenburger Strasse at Schlachthofstrasse, 2010

Right next to the "Frankenschnellweg" these houses looked at the former slaughterhouse, which had been replaced by the new dwelling zone "Leonhardspark".

Rothenburger Strasse / Fuggerstrasse,  2010

Rothenburger Strasse / Fuggerstrasse, 2010

"Suendersbuehl" has nothing to do with the word "Suender" (sinner), because it means a hammer blow, specifically forge hill.

Wallensteinstrasse to  Rothenburger Strasse,  2010

Wallensteinstrasse to Rothenburger Strasse, 2010

The row of trees at the "Rothenburger Strasse" on the right side of the picture is marking the southern boundary of "Suendersbuehl" to "St. Leonhard".

Witschelstrasse,  2011

Witschelstrasse, 2011

The area around the "Autohof Nuernberg" between the "Westring" and the "Rothenburger Strasse" is mainly shaped by industry.