NurembergWest Town ›  

Grossreuth b. Schweinau

District 60  
Winterstrasse,  2010

Winterstrasse, 2010

Already built in 1812 and situated pleasantly quiet the fore-Franconian historical inn "Rottner" is a a sought-after venue in the whole region.

Alte Wallensteinstrasse (1),  2010

Alte Wallensteinstrasse (1), 2010

Retaining its placid rural charme to date the village "Grossreuth bei Schweinau" was incorporated into Nuremberg in 1899.

Tiefes Feld,  2010

Tiefes Feld, 2010

Agricultural production still takes place on the vast area between the "Uffenheimer Strasse" and the "Suedwesttangente".

St. Thomas Church,  2010

St. Thomas Church, 2010

The steeple of the Evangelical Lutheran "Thomaskirche" rises behind the orchards of the sightly farmhouses.

Alte Wallensteinstrasse (2),  2010

Alte Wallensteinstrasse (2), 2010

The street name points to the presence of "Wallenstein" in the Thirty Years' War. He and his opponent "Gustav Adolf" brought an immense pain all over the town.

Edisonstrasse / Wallensteinstrasse,  2010

Edisonstrasse / Wallensteinstrasse, 2010

Right opposite the sedate old village centre the two transmission towers symbolize the spirit of our fast moving time.

Edisonstrasse (1),  2010

Edisonstrasse (1), 2010

The main artery road of this commercial area is named after the American inventor and electrical engineer "Thomas Alva Edison".

Edisonstrasse (2),  2010

Edisonstrasse (2), 2010

In the east the purposive "Edisonstrasse" passes the "Tillypark" before discharging into the "Gustav-Adolf-Strasse" of the "Westring".

Wallensteinstrasse,  2010

Wallensteinstrasse, 2010

The Nuremberg broadcasting centre (Studio Franken) on the widespread grounds of the "Bayerischer Rundfunk" was inaugurated on 3 June 1949.

Wallensteinstrasse / Tillystrasse,  2010

Wallensteinstrasse / Tillystrasse, 2010

Formerly reserved for the barracks of the "Bundeswehr" meanwhile this area is covered by the tasty residences of the "Tilly Park".