NurembergSouth Town ›  

Steinbuehl

District 16  
Steinbuehlstrasse / Steinbuehler Tunnel,  2010

Steinbuehlstrasse / Steinbuehler Tunnel, 2010

At the northern border of "Steinbuehl" the bridge at "Kohlenhof" offers a beautiful view to the neighbouring districts "Gostenhof" and "Tafelhof".

Station Nuernberg-Steinbuehl,  2010

Station Nuernberg-Steinbuehl, 2010

Primal established in 2004 the first stop west of the central station lies on the route of the commuter train line S2 Nuremberg - Roth.

Nuernberg-Steinbuehl,  2010

Nuernberg-Steinbuehl, 2010

The necessity overcoming numerous railway lines and the elevated position of the station brought this dizzy construction into being.

Gibitzenhofstrasse / Wiesenstrasse,  2010

Gibitzenhofstrasse / Wiesenstrasse, 2010

The roots of the former village "Steinbuehl", which was incorporated into Nuremberg in 1865, date back to the 13th century.

Landgrabenstrasse / Gibitzenhofstrasse,  2010

Landgrabenstrasse / Gibitzenhofstrasse, 2010

Since 1889 the enormous buildings of the "Schuckert Plants" arose along the "Landgrabenstrasse", the former south boundary of Nuremberg.

Landgrabenstrasse at Ackerstrasse,  2010

Landgrabenstrasse at Ackerstrasse, 2010

Beginning at the street called "An den Rampen" the long "Landgrabenstrasse" is extending in the east to the "Woelckernstrasse", which begins at "Aufsessplatz".

Tram stop Landgrabenstrasse,  2010

Tram stop Landgrabenstrasse, 2010

At this busy crossroads the tram of the line 6 turns east and takes course to the "Doku-Zentrum".

Gibitzenhofstrasse / Espanstrasse,  2010

Gibitzenhofstrasse / Espanstrasse, 2010

In the space of this block of houses it seems, that not a single building has survived World War II.

Linnéstrasse / Gibitzenhofstrasse,  2010

Linnéstrasse / Gibitzenhofstrasse, 2010

Since the early 1960s this little bicycle shop is existing at the corner to the "Linnéstrasse", which is named after a Swedish scientist.

Gibitzenhofstrasse to the City,  2010

Gibitzenhofstrasse to the City, 2010

Between the "Landgrabenstrasse" and the "Linnéstrasse" no house of the pre-war period can be found any more, too.