NurembergSouth Town ›  

Hasenbuck

District 40  
Katzwanger Strasse (1),  2010

Katzwanger Strasse (1), 2010

For a long time you could find the traditional corner pub "Trafo-Stueberl" on the west flank of the district "Hasenbuck".

Nerzstrasse,  2010

Nerzstrasse, 2010

Beginning at the "Katzwanger Strasse" and crossed by the "Ingolstaedter Strasse" the "Nerzstrasse" extends to the north-western areas of the marshalling yard.

Katzwanger Strasse (2),  2010

Katzwanger Strasse (2), 2010

Directly at the corner to "Nerzstrasse" there is that old inn building of pure sandstone with the handwritten old German font.

Lutherkirche,  2010

Lutherkirche, 2010

Built in 1937 near the highest point of the hill the Evangelical-Lutheran Church is surrounded by a natural park.

Rieppelstrasse at Suedtiroler Platz,  2010

Rieppelstrasse at Suedtiroler Platz, 2010

The development of the "Hasenbuck", which has a core of sandstone like the castle hill, started not until the turn of the 20th century.

Rieppelstrasse,  2010

Rieppelstrasse, 2010

In 1905 the "Hasenbuck", situated 342 metres above sea level,  was incorporated into Nuremberg. At the foot of the hill there is this romantic pharmacy.

Meraner Strasse,  2010

Meraner Strasse, 2010

It may be very difficult for a stranger to distinguish the uniform streets north-west of the "Ingolstaedter Strasse".

Innsbrucker Strasse,  2010

Innsbrucker Strasse, 2010

Just after the "Andreas-Hofer-Strasse" the "Rieppelstrasse" forks into the "Innsbrucker Strasse" and the "Gotenstrasse".

Gotenstrasse / Innsbrucker Strasse,  2010

Gotenstrasse / Innsbrucker Strasse, 2010

Around this crossroads there are very different architectural styles. The left block of houses looks like a foreign substance concerning the appearance of the district.

Gotenstrasse / Frankenstrasse,  2010

Gotenstrasse / Frankenstrasse, 2010

The few houses in the southern area of the "Frankenstrasse" which have been spared from the war were probably constructed about 1911.