NurembergSouth Town ›  


District 13  
Karl-Broeger-Strasse,  2010

Karl-Broeger-Strasse, 2010

The heritage building in the Bauhaus style "Karl-Broeger-Haus" was built in 1930 and is the domicile of social democratic groups.

Central Station Nuernberg - southern exit,  2009

Central Station Nuernberg - southern exit, 2009

Compared with the frantic main portal the south exit to Galgenhof is rather quiet and modest.

Pillenreuther Strasse,  2010

Pillenreuther Strasse, 2010

Not far away from the central station strong tubes indicade the way to the south town. In this area only a few buildings survived the war.

Nelson-Mandela-Platz (1),  2010

Nelson-Mandela-Platz (1), 2010

According to new plans this place which is mainly intended for parking automobiles should be embellished and greened.

Nelson-Mandela-Platz (2),  2010

Nelson-Mandela-Platz (2), 2010

The futuristic glass facade belies the fact that in medieval times the gallow outside the city walls was situated in this area.

Celtisunterfuehrung,  2010

Celtisunterfuehrung, 2010

The long underpass on the west side of the central station connects the districts Galgenhof and Tafelhof, respectively south town and city.

Celtisplatz,  2010

Celtisplatz, 2010

Even Albrecht Duerer produced illustrations and woodcuts for the eponym of this place Conrad Celtis, a humanistic poet of the 15th century.

Hinterm Bahnhof,  2010

Hinterm Bahnhof, 2010

Besides an armada of bicycles the restaurant at the south exit has to fight against the immense weight of the parking trains above it, too. 

Pillenreuther Strasse / Bogenstrasse,  2010

Pillenreuther Strasse / Bogenstrasse, 2010

This outward road in southern direction even at the crossroads to Frankenstrasse is being replaced by the Katzwanger Straße.

Woelckernstrasse (1),  2010

Woelckernstrasse (1), 2010

This artery at the busy crossroads to Allersberger Strasse is named after a Nuremberg patrician family of great influence.